Monday, February 25, 2013



Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review

I Love melee fighting games but there are ususally 2 things that bother me in most. Either there is not enough blood or I am too busy fighting wierd stuff like puppets or monsters and I can never really get that up close and personal experience I get from fighting something that isn't making lots of goofy noises or moves around funny. So I definately enjoy a game that has alot of human like peeps to tare apart and with blood makes it something that peaks my interest. My number 1 melee combat game without a doubt is Ninja gaiden 3: razors edge. It is just perfect so I will be comparing all melee combat to that beautiful work of art.


LET'S BREAK IT DOWN!



GRAPHICS

Graphically the game doesn't come close to it's MGS4 cousin on the ps3 but still where this game shines is it's fast pace action and the fact that it doesn't mis a beat. A smooth frame rate and so much going one give the idea of this game looking good a bump because of what it can do in motion with out the frame rate dipping down.

GAMEPLAY

I think the gameplay is very close to perfect if anything the idea of slow motion killed the perfection of it's combat. I don't like slow motion stuff. I say if you can do it do it all fast!!! why slow it down? Slow is for retards! Speed it up! then speed it up some more! Also a big issue is sub weapons. Just remove them from the game it's stupid. Or give Raiden a dedicated gun to use and mix it in with the combat but dont' force it on people. You should not have to stop to use ranged weapons. Besides he should be throwing knives not using guns to take out stuff it's just goofy.

STORY

The story is heavy with themes of war and death and some inner demons Raiden deals with make for some sick dialogue and unique interaction with his enemies. The story get's goofy at times but the them of life is always present and it is classic metal gear at it's core.



LASTING VALUE/APPEAL

I beat the game and immediately worked on getting my blue wig by choosing missions. Now I can rip things apart no need for slowing down time. there's lots of other things like a stun blade for stealthies but I dont' care about that shit I bought this game to Murder people.

No comments:

Post a Comment